Sunday, August 30, 2009

A Van Go Kite

Date: 8/30/09, Sun
Place: Cosmo Park, Columbia, MO
Kites: Echo on 12' and 20', Zephyr on 70'
Wind: 0 - 7 mph, N
Weather: Sunny, 50º

The morning started off sunny, but cold. (50º at the end of August in Missouri is cold!) And the grass was very wet with dew. The wind started off calm and got progressively stronger over the two hours I was out flying. I started with the Echo on 12', then with more wind tried it with 20'. With more wind it flew better on the longer lines.

When I was done flying the Echo I landed it perfectly so that the wing tips touched down and then the kite leaned back a few degrees to lean against my van!

There was too much wind for the Echo, and not enough for the "big Z." I did do some nice axels and half-axels, and one 540, but not much else. I felt like the kite kept "painting me into the corner" of the soccer field (followed by a walk to the other end).

No comments:

Post a Comment