Thursday, August 20, 2009

Kite Hitting Ground Zaps Memory

Date: 8/20/09
Place: Cosmo Park, Columbia, MO
Kites: 3d on 20'
Wind: 2 - 5 mph, SW
Weather: Sunny, 68º

It was a nice morning with a nice sunrise and I was looking forward to flying the Echo kite, but there was too much wind. So I flew the 3d and it was more fun than I expected. Twice I did an axel-to-a-fade on purpose, a trick that I don't think I've done before with the 3d except by accident.

I've noticed that I generally can more or less keep track of the twists in the lines as long as the kite is in the air. But as soon as the kite hits the ground -- kapowie, my memory of which direction the line is twisted gets zapped from my brain. And then I generally guess wrong on which way to fly the kite to untwist them. Hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment