Thursday, August 13, 2009

E2's One Hundred and Eleventeenth

Date: 8/13/09
Place: Cosmo Park, Columbia, MO
Kites: E2 on 85', #111
Wind: 3 - 5 mph, SE
Weather: Sunny (humid), 69º

Today was the 111th time I've flown my E2 kite! I may have miscounted somehow, but this is the 111the post in this blog this year that I've put the "E2" label on.

It was very early, but after the sun had come up, and there was no wind at home so I only packed my 3d and Echo kites and drove to Cosmo Park only to find that there was too much wind (5 mph). So I drove back to the house to pick up the E2, then back to the park again.

It turned out to be an excellent low-wind day for the E2. It was just right to do flic-flacs. I also got one rung of a Jacob's Ladder and a few good backspins.

Even though there was not really enough wind to try many 540s, I was able to do one 540 on the right followed immediately by another 540 on the left!

No comments:

Post a Comment