Sunday, August 9, 2009

Sinister 540s!

Date: 8/9/09
Place: Cosmo Park, Columbia, MO
Kites: E2 on 85'
Wind: 5 - 10 mph, S
Weather: Sunny (humid), 78º

I did lots of great (for me) flic-flacs, a few backspins, and many of the usual tricks.

Sinister is originally a Latin term for left or to the left (and by extension, left-handedness)

So the highlight for today is that I finally succeeded with sinister-handed 540s on the right side of the wind window! I did four of them and two of the four were even very crisp. I had been trying this trick on my "off side" for a while now without any success at all. So it's very satisfying to finally have it work.

The only drawback today was that my right eye was seeing slightly blurry and so got a little sore trying to focus. Otherwise it was a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment