Thursday, August 27, 2009

Good Morning for Echo Flying

Date: 8/27/09
Place: Cosmo Park, Columbia, MO
Kites: Echo on 12'
Wind: 0 - 1 mph
Weather: Mostly cloudy, 70º

This was a good morning for Echo flying. I flew the usual 360s and Up-&-Overs, plus a few backflips that I managed to hold all the way to the ground. This is a relatively new trick for me with this kite. With a gentle breeze the Echo almost flies without losing altitude while in a backflip position. I flew the kite into a few fades, and out of a few fades -- not necessarily always the same fades :^) though. I worked some more on helicopters, but can't always initiate them.

While moving quickly backward (more or less in a straight line) I twisted my knee a little. I was able to keep flying my kite, but was very careful with my knee. Later that day it seemed OK, but sometimes ached a bit when it was in one position too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment