Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Foggy Dew

Date: 8/18/09
Place: Cosmo Park, Columbia, MO
Kites: Echo on 12'
Wind: 0 - 0.5 mph
Weather: Foggy then Sunny, 68º

After too many days of blustery/gusty wind, today is finally calm again. I was glad to see no wind (of course you can't really see the wind, let alone "no wind") at my house. I drove out to Cosmo Park and it got more and more foggy the closer I got to the park. I was excited that I was going to be able to fly a kite in brand-new (for me) weather conditions. And it was as fun as I thought it would be. The fog was not so thick that I couldn't see the kite, but the surroundings were all foggy and soft-looking. I flew the Echo for about fifteen minutes before the fog started to thin and the sun started to come up, a nice soft sunrise. The grass was dewy and pretty soon my kite was also very wet.

I was able to fly the usual 360s and up-and-overs, but helicopters didn't work too well. I don't really have the inputs learned for helicopters yet. They mostly still happen by accident.

No comments:

Post a Comment