Sunday, July 26, 2009

Summer "Skating" with 50¢ and 0¢

Date: 7/26/09
Place: Cosmo Park, Columbia, MO
Kites: Skate on variable' with 50¢
Wind: 0 - 0.5 mph
Weather: Sunny, 68º

I flew my new Skate kite on its maiden flight(s). This is a single line no-wind/low-wind kite that can either fly as a kite or as a glider. To fly it as a glider, you put coins in the nose pocket of the kite. It came with 50¢ and at Cosmo Park it was fun to fly it as a glider with that amount of nose weight. The Skate is very graceful and easy to fly. It looks and swoops like a manta ray. Focus Designs Kites used the manta ray concept to design this kite. The kite took more energy than I expected to fly it, so I got a mini-workout.

It was a sunny morning and I flew early to avoid the heat and the Show-Me State Games. When the soccer players started arriving, packed up and drove to the field by the ARC.


Place: ARC field, Columbia, MO
Kites: Skate on variable' with 0¢
Wind: 0 - 2 mph
Weather: Sunny, 72º

With no coins in the nose the Skate flew more like a kite. Though when the wind died down (from 2 mph) it was still able to glide around. I like flying this kite. I would like to try it with 35¢ (a quarter and a dime).

No comments:

Post a Comment