Saturday, July 4, 2009

Flying in the Mountains on Montana! Happy July 4th!

Date: 7/4/09
Place: MSU Fieldhouse, Bozeman, MT
Kites: E2 on 85'
Wind: 6 - 14 mph
Weather: Sunny, Dry! 80º

It is the 4th of July and a beautiful sunny day. (I didn't eat any watermelon today and so missed my chance to eat it for this year -- a personal rule: I only eat watermelon on the 4th of July.) I flew at the football practice fields near the MSU Fieldhouse in Bozeman, MT. I demonstrated my kite flying skills and tricks for my parents (and Annett, my spouse). My parents had seen me fly a dual-line kite 15 years ago, but did not know all the new tricks that are possible and that I can do now. Back then I could only do loops, spins, and dives.

Today I was able to show them: 540s, backflips and lazy susans, axels, 1/2-axels, backspins (only once), one really good fade, a side slide, and a rather poor flic-flac. The wind was a little stronger than I really like it, but overall my demonstration was a success. And all this with the backdrop of the beautiful mountains of the Gallatin Valley! I'll post some photos when I get the time. Both Annett and my mom took lots of photos and some turned out really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment