Thursday, July 9, 2009

Demos and Photographs x3

Date: 7/9/09

First:
Place: Intersection of 5th and Curtiss, Bozeman, MT
Kites: 3d on 12'
Wind: 0 mph
Weather: Sunny/shady, 72º

I flew in the intersection of 5th and Curtiss, where I grew up in Bozeman -- no, I didn't grow up in the intersection, but in a house at that intersection :^) This was a demo of no-wind flying for my parents and my friend Gary Guest. I took it easy due to flying over hard asphalt. But I did get some 360s, an up-and-over, and a helicopter! All this in between the cars passing by. Of course, no cars were using the street until I started flying my kite.

Second:
Place: Fields near MSU Fieldhouse, Bozeman, MT
Kites: E2 on 85'
Wind: 4 - 8 mph, W, N-NW, NE
Weather: Sunny, 78º

My mom took photos (my camera and hers) and dad watched. This was some very nice flying wind even though it switched directions several times. Mom got some good photos (and some of the sky). I'll add a link to some photos, hopefully soon.

I flew some very nice flic-flacs, fades, and backspins. Also some good 540s, backflips and lazy susans, and, of course, some axels and 1/2-axels. This was a very fun fly with gorgeous weather and lots views of mountains in the distance!

Third:
Place: Intersection of 5th and Curtiss, Bozeman, MT
Kites: 3d on 12'
Wind: 0 - 1 mph
Weather: Shady, 78º

This ten-minute fly was a demo for my friend Gerry Bishop (also a kite flyer and muscian). Again, some 360s, an up-and-over, and a helicopter.

No comments:

Post a Comment