Thursday, March 26, 2009

Every Which Way the Wind Blows (or Not)

Date: 3/26/09
Place: Cosmo Park, Columbia, MO
Kites: Zephyr on 75', 3d on 10'
Wind: 6 - 0 - 3 - 0 - 6 - 3 - 0 - 5 - 0 - 4 - 0 mph, NW-N-NE-E-SE-S (back-and-forth all afternoon)
Weather: Partly cloudy, 60ยบ

I swapped back and forth between the Zephyr and the 3d depending on the very variable and undependable wind.

I pulled off a couple 360's and a few axels with the 3d.

With the Zephyr I was able to do most of the tricks that I do with the E2 except for a lazy susan. When I tried to back flip the kite it "wanted" to keep flipping into a yo-yo. I did get one yo-yo where I wrapped the lines all the way around the kite once and then flew it for a short bit like that, then unrolled it. I'm not exactly sure what the inputs actually are to initiate the unrolling part.

I think I'm going to really like the Zephyr. It was especially pretty when back-lit by the sun! I can see that it needs a steady gentle wind to do its flying well (and a good "driver" too).

No comments:

Post a Comment