Friday, October 21, 2011

Sunset Nirvana

Date: 10/21/2011
Place: 100 Acres Park, Moorhead, MN
Kites: Rev 1.5-b "Sunset" Race on 70', Nirvana on 75'
Wind: 12 to 5 mph, N
Weather: Sunny, 57ยบ
$40.25/flight (Rev)

A very nice after-work evening kite fly. It was warmer than the last few days, so my fingers didn't freeze setting up and putting away the kites.

Since the wind speed went up and down and dropped off in general as sunset approached, I was able to switch back-and-forth between the Nirvana and the "Sunset" vented Rev. Near the end of the session there was barely enough wind to fly the Rev.

With the Nirvana I did most of the usual tricks including some nice back-spins (both hands) and Jacob's Ladders. I also did one very nice slot machine. (I looked it up and that is the correct name.)

No comments:

Post a Comment