Sunday, October 23, 2011

I Learned a Way Not to Swap Frames

Date: 10/23/2011, Sunday
Place: 100 Acres Park, Moorhead, MN
Kites: Rev 1.5-b "Sunset" 4-wrap and Race on 70', Nirvana on 75'
Wind: 11 to 8 mph, W
Weather: Mostly Sunny, 58ยบ
$32.2/flight Sunset"


This late afternoon fly was nice but a little confusing about which kite to fly. I started with the Nirvana and immediately found that there was too much wind for any tricks. I switched to the vented Rev with a 4-wrap frame (which was already in the sail from last time). It worked OK but there was not enough wind and the kite seemed heavy. So I swapped to the race frame. I inserted the race frame into the leading edge without taking out the 4-wrap first. They kind of got stuck in there together and I couldn't get the 4-wrap out. I ended up taking all the leading edge rods out and then successfully inserting the race frame. Oofda. At the end of the session the wind died down and I flew the Nirvana again and though it was still a little too much wind some tricks worked better than earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment