Sunday, October 30, 2011

Halloween Eve

Date: 10/30/2011
Place: 100 Acres Park, Moorhead, MN
Kites: Rev 1.5-b "Sunset" 4-wrap on 70'
Wind: 14 to 17 mph, NW
Weather: Cloudy, 41ยบ
13 flights at $24.77/flight

It was a very windy and cold day. The vented kite did great with this wind, though. After a while my fingers got cold and so I took a break in the middle of the flying to warm them up in my van. I tried flying some squares again, but they weren't very square. Flying back and forth with downward turns at the ends and a propeller turn in the middle did go well. Also, hovering upside down worked pretty well. Some geese flew over very low (below kite level), but I didn't have my camera with for photographing them. It is nice, though, to have a kite that I know I can land easily and quickly without crashing upon moments notice.

No comments:

Post a Comment