Saturday, October 29, 2011

120' x 4 = 480' of Line

Date: 10/29/2011
Place: 100 Acres Park, Moorhead, MN
Kites: Rev 1.5-b "Sunset" 4-wrap on 120'
Wind: 11 to 17 mph, S
Weather: Cloudy, 50ยบ
12 flights at $26.83/flight

It was a blustery late afternoon fly. The wind was a bit cold, but I was able to do more of the kite setup with gloves on. This was the 1st time I've flown a Revolution kite with 120' lines. The kite appeared to be a lot farther away from me, but it was nice having a bigger wind window. I can see why teams would want to fly with the longer lines. I also used the newer handles that came with the Rev 1.5 - b-series which have about five knots to attach the lines to so that you can adjust the forward/reverse controls. I tried two settings and I think I'll try these settings when it's warmer out, or if I feel the need to practice a lot of backward flying.

I flew a few new patterns  such as some square shapes. The vented Rev is the only kite I have that can fly (relatively) safely with this amount of wind. It was a fun afternoon session. I packed-up before the sun poked out of the hazy clouds before approaching the actual sunset.

No comments:

Post a Comment