Thursday, October 27, 2011

Spinning This Way and That

Date: 10/27/2011
Place: 100 Acres Park, Moorhead, MN
Kites: Nirvana on 75'
Wind: 10 to 6 mph, SW
Weather: Mostly Cloudy, 49º


It started out with a little too much wind for the Nirvana, but it slowed down to a very good speed. I seemed to get a lot of wing-tip wraps this evening, especially when I was trying to do Slot Machines. I wasn't able to successfully do any Slot Machines at all today. Maybe next time. Back-spins worked well and I even got the start of a back-spin cascade (spinning one time around then switching directions, then repeating that). Flic-flacs worked well and I did a few combos of various tricks. As the wind died down I ended up against the softball fence a few times. This was a fun flying session, except for the tip-wraps which were frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment