Friday, October 14, 2011

Flying With Geese

Date: 10/14/2011
Place: 100 Acres Park, Moorhead, MN
Kites: Rev 1.5-b "Sunset" 4-wrap on 75'
Wind: 10 to 17 mph, NW
Weather: Mostly Cloudy, 53ยบ
$161/flight

There were lots of geese flying around the park tonight, some directly overhead and not very high above the kite. I did take some photos:





This evening Ashraf was able to come to the park and try my new vented Revolution kite. He really liked how it handled. There was plenty of wind, including some gusts to demonstrate how a vented kite flies well with higher winds. He also took a few photos of me flying this kite.

 Ashraf flying my vented Rev.




I learned a new trick (sort-of a trick) with this kite from Ashraf. You dive the kite down and brake the dive near the ground, but let the kite bounce of the ground a little. Then back the kite up to either stop and hover or fly away.

It was a fun afterwork kite fly. I got off work a half-hour early (4:30) due to a half-hour lunch. The extra  daylight for flying was very welcome. The sunset was again very nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment