Monday, October 10, 2011

Competed For Sky With Model Airplanes

Date: 10/10/2011
Place: 100 Acres Park, Moorhead, MN
Kites: Rev 1.5 "Hawk" 3-wrap on 75', $18.43/flight
Wind: 4 to 9 mph, SSW
Weather: Mostly Cloudy, 60ยบ

This was the first time I flew a Rev with a 3-wrap frame (the carbon-fiber spars are made with 3 layers). The grass was a little wet from the rain earlier in the day, but not too bad. My back was to the sunset so I didn't see much of it. Two people flying model airplanes were at the park, too, or should I say parking lot. They didn't really compete for the same airspace, but did get a little close once or twice. I practiced the usual moves, trying to get better control with the four lines.

Starting today, but it will be retro-active for all my earlier Rev flights, I'm calling the red and black Rev the "Hawk" because red and black were my high school colors. And the Night Rev will be called "Sunset" because of its bright sunset colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment