Sunday, September 6, 2009

Micron's debut

Date: 9/6/09

#1
Place: Cosmo Park, Columbia, MO
Kites: Echo on 12'
Wind: 0 - 1 mph
Weather: Cloudy, 65º

My lower back has been bothering me for the last few days so today I was a little more tentative with moving around while flying. Moving is probably better for my back than sitting. I worked on Up-and-Overs and Helicopters, rather than the more strenuous 360s.

#2
Place: Cosmo Park, Columbia, MO
Kites: Micron on 50', 3d on 20'
Wind: 2 - 4 mph, N
Weather: Mostly sunny, 74º

Today is my new Micron's debut. When I left the house I thought there was a good wind for it, but found upon arriving at the park that there wasn't really as much wind as I expected. The Micron did fly but it was a chore trying to keep it in the air. It will do much better with a stronger wind. And it will be very fast! With today's wind it was a little unstable with some over-spin. I flew it without a tail -- less weight and less stability.

With not enough wind for the Micron, I brought out my 3d kite which seems to excel in this type of wind. Sometimes during slow axels it seemed to almost pause while the kite was horizontal and nose-away from me. The 3d was very pretty with the clouds and sun today!

No comments:

Post a Comment