Thursday, February 19, 2009

Send up a Flare

Date: 2/19/09
Place: Cosmo Park, Columbia, MO
Kites: E2 on 85' lines
Wind: 6-10 mph, WNW
Weather: Sunny, 30º

The 30º felt much warmer due to the nice sunny sun.

New trick: I was able to "throw" two flares! I flew the kite downward and then threw my hands forward while also stepping forward. This throws the nose of the kite away from the flyer (me) killing the forward speed so that the kite is totally parallel to the ground nose away, belly down. Of course this trick is going to take a lot of time to master (like all the rest) and will be helped by gentle winds.

I also had a back flip (aka a turtle) that I nursed almost all the way from the top center of the wind window to the bottom.

All the other tricks I've learned and have been practicing have not really improved much. Learning (and flying a kite) always has its ups and downs.

No comments:

Post a Comment