Thursday, February 26, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

Date: 2/26/09
Place: Cosmo Park, Columbia, MO
Kites: E2 on 85' lines
Wind: 10 - 20 mph, S
Weather: Cloudy, 62º

It's fun to fly on my birthday (probably wouldn't have happened in Minnesota). Maybe I'm officially entering a second childhood where I can fly lots of kites again. Though, come to think of it, I didn't fly lots of kites as a child - some of course - so now I have to make up for it.

On the 26th, the wind was stronger than I like, but it was still able to teach me. I was able to launch to a fade a couple of times. But was only able to do one back flip due to the strong winds. Usually the back flips work in higher winds than some of my (few) other tricks, but not today.

I had hoped to try some half-axels, but those will need a much lighter wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment