Saturday, February 7, 2009

Flying Across the Moon

Date: 2/7/09
Place: Cosmo Park, Columbia, MO
Kites: E2 on 85' lines
Wind: 15, calming down to, 5 mph
Weather: partly sunny, 68º

There was an almost full moon in the direction I was facing while flying. So, of course, I had to fly my kite across it and loop around it!

I was able to pull off several decent axels, a couple back flips. My side slides are not improving much. I really should work (play?) on them more, but it's so much fun trying the "more advanced" tricks (though maybe the side slide is more advanced).

After packing up at the end of the day (wind dying down, sky darkening) I noticed someone flying a dual-line parafoil in another part of the park. I went over and met Carl J. We exchanged numbers - maybe I'll get to fly with him sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment