Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Two Flies

Date: 5/27/09 (30th day in a row)
Place: Cosmo Park, Columbia, MO
Kites: 3d on 12'
Wind: 0 - 3 mph, NW
Weather: Cloudy, 68º

Today, part 1, was with very little wind with the 3d kite while Annett did an exercise walk in the park. I did the usual with the 3d: loops, axels, 360s. The grass was very wet, as was the kite at the end of the fly.

----------------------
Place: Cosmo Park, Columbia, MO
Kites: E2 on 85'
Wind: 6 - 4 mph, N
Weather: Cloudy, 68º

Today, part 2, was done on impulse around supper time. The day had cleared off and the wind was stronger, though not as strong as I thought it would be. Though the grass was now dry, it had been mowed and my socks and Crocs got covered and filled with grass.

I mostly practiced fades, flic-flacs, and backspins. One time when I popped the 1/2-axel at the start of a cascade try, the kite popped upwards (sideways) substantially. With the right timing this kind of mothion could really help a rising cascade - I'll have to work on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment