Sunday, May 31, 2009

Every Day in May!

Date: 5/31/09 (34th day in a row)
Place: Cosmo Park, Columbia, MO
Kites: E2 on 85'
Wind: 5 - 10 mph, SE
Weather: Sunny, 78º

I accomplished my goal of flying a kite every day in May! I've also got a personal record of 34 days-in-a-row of flying! I may not be able to keep this string going as I start my new job tomorrow. Also, as it's getting hotter and more humid out, a goal is for me to find an indoors place to fly.

Today's fly started out great in my favorite soccer field. I arrived there later than I preferred due to an early bike ride along the Missouri River. It was a beautiful day and the wind was great - just right for all my kite tricks.

A new combo! Jacob's Ladder (or possibly just one rung of a J's Ladder). It starts from a fade, then a lateral roll into a backflip, half a lazy susan, then pull it (kind of an un-wrap) back to a fade. I'm not sure if the directions of the parts (i.e. right, left, clockwise, etc.) are important, but I did pull off all the parts in the correct order, and on purpose. I came close to repeating the trick a couple times, but only did it for real once.

Then soccer players arrived and I shifted to the next field and after 15 minutes had to shift again to a football field with trees near it. About then the wind seemed to be dying and it started to get much hotter. So I wen t home. So endeth the last flying day in May.

No comments:

Post a Comment