Friday, April 17, 2009

Zephyr is back - but still in its case

Date: 4/17/09
Place: Cosmo Park, Columbia, MO
Kites: E2 on 85'
Wind: 2 - 11 - 2 - 11 - 2 mph, E
Weather: Sunny, 70º

My Zephyr is back from Prism, but today's wind was too variable, with the highs higher than I wanted to trust the Zephyr with. But the E2 flew well when the wind was higher than 4 mph.

I did succeed with a few 540s, but only at the left edge of the wind window. I'll have to try them in the center another day when flares are easier. And I'll wait until I 'm more comfortable with the ones done with my right hand before trying ones with my left or my dyslexic brain will rebel and then nothing will work.

Today it seemed like I had a lot of "walks to the kite" to untangle the lines or rescue the kite from the dead-launch position (belly down nose-towards me).

I did get some nice fades and a few flic-flacs.

2 comments:

  1. matt.warrick@gmail.comApril 23, 2009 at 2:47 PM

    Just dug out my old Aerobat and was looking around at all the innovations in kites since I got it way back in the early 90's. Looking forward to trying it out tonight. (Des Moines)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Mark, for the 1st-ever comment in this blog. Mostly I haven't "advertised" the blog much yet.

    An old Aerobat! I have one of those, too. But, I got you beat - mine is from the mid-80's. I flew it last December.

    How did your flying session go?

    The innovations are many/huge since then, in both kite designs and the tricks that people can do with them!

    ReplyDelete