Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Ring Around The Moon, Un-even (which is odd) Z-Bridle

Date: 4/7/09
Place: Cosmo Park, Columbia, MO
Kites: E2 on 85'
Wind: 5 - 9 mph (gusty), W
Weather: Sunny, 54º (almost full moon)

I flew with my back to the sunset watching an almost full moon rise - flew rings around it. A nice evening to fly!

It was somewhat gusty, but not an overpowering wind. This made for some tricky-to-hold fades.

For a while I had a couple of boys running around, watching, and trying to "catch" the kite.

A young man also took some photos of me flying the E2 for a school project. Also, the photos may show up in his blog.

Un-even (which is odd) Z-Bridle:
I spent almost an hour-and-a-half on the phone with Brent of Prism putting on the new Zephyr bridle that they sent me. Part of this process included cutting off the yo-yo stopper on the left side. He had not sent a new yo-yo stopper attacher piece. He said that the left and right-side bridles are symmetrical (and standard) for all the Zephyrs. But with the left side replaced, I noticed that the pigtails and at least one other "leg" of the bridle were different lengths on the left. He suggested that I send the kite in to Prism to resolve this problem. So another week without the Zephyr :^(

No comments:

Post a Comment