Thursday, April 30, 2009

Crocs in the Wet Grass

Date: 4/30/09
Place: Cosmo Park, Columbia, MO
Kites: E2 on 85'
Wind: 4-9 mph, WSW
Weather: Mostly cloudy, 68º

The grass was very wet and the Crocs (footware) I was wearing performed superbly, not slipping at all.

I did some very nice flic-flacs, some decent 540s, and some good fades. I think the trick on the 540s is to keep moving forward to make sure that there is plenty of slack. I'm also doing the 540s higher up to allow time for recovery.

I tried something new. When flying horizontally, instead of pushing and then pulling the top line for a 1/2-Axel, I tried pulling the lower line. This mostly caused the kite to do a more or less uncontrolled back-flip. This may be a skill/trick to practice.

(Note: 17 flying days in April, not as many as either February or March)

No comments:

Post a Comment