Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Sunset Until Dark

Date: 9/28/2011
Place: 100 Acres Park, Moorhead, MN
Kites: Nirvana on 75'
Wind: 6 to 12 mph, W
Weather: Mostly Sunny, 77º


This evening had a very nice wind for the Nirvana kite. I flew from the start of the sunset until it was too dark to fly. Tricks that worked well today included: Jacob's Ladders, fades, backspins, backflips and lazy susan's, 540s, axels, cascades.

I ordered a quad-line Vented Revolution 1.5 b-series "Night" kite from "A Wind of Change" (in Las Vegas, NV). The vented kite will be able to fly in a higher wind range. The vented kite comes with both  three-wrap and four-wrap frames. I substituted a race-frame (+$30 extra) for the 3-wrap frame since I already have a 3-wrap that came with the Rev SLE kite and the frames are all interchangeable. I also ordered spare parts such that I will be able to fix most breakages without waiting for new parts to arrive. And I ordered a dual-line set, 100# by 100' to replace the 110' line-set that I broke last spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment