Tuesday, January 6, 2009

1st Flight for new E2

Date: 1/7/09
Place: Cosmo-Bethel Park, Columbia, MO
Kite: E2 on 85' lines
Wind: light 4-10 mph (?)
Weather: cloudy, 45-degrees

I purchased a Prism E2 from Picture Pretty Kites. It was a demo kite that had never been flown, but that has some grayish string marks on the sail. You can't see the marks when it's flying. The kite looks great! I'm glad I chose the "fire" color scheme - it will be very visible with any sky condition/color. Didn't really try any tricks other than some crash-recovery relaunches, which didn't go too well. I often had to walk up the kite to set it up for relaunching. I did somehow create a good sized tangle with the line, but untangled it in the field.

The "Freestyle Pilot" DVD that comes with the E2 kite is extremely excellent. If you want to learn tricks with a dual-line (not 4-line) kite, this DVD is worth every penny. It explains and demonstrates lots of tricks very clearly. Very inspirational!

Bethel Park is OK for flying. Maybe a little small. They had a be flying event here last October, but I'm not sure where they could have had very many kites here. It's near an elementary school.

I'm looking forward to flying this kite lots and learning the tricks it is capable of doing.

I just noticed that there is now a Prism E3, updated and more expensive. There is no word of this on the Prism website (as of 1/29/09), but is "available" and described at A Wind of Change. This may lower the demand (and price) for E2's (?)

No comments:

Post a Comment