Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Quarter Moon and a Sweet Northwest Wind

Date: 11/2/2011
Place: 100 Acres Park, Moorhead, MN
Kites: Nirvana on 100'
Wind: 8 to 3 mph, NW
Weather: Sunny/Sunset, 43º


This evening's flying session was on the short side. As the sunset, the wind also disappeared, but before it was gone, it was very sweet, gentle, and steady.

I tried out a new line-set: 100'x100#. It didn't come with wrist straps so I had to "borrow" some from another line set. The line is yellow and I found it very hard to see against the blue sky. Otherwise, the line is of the best quality.

I did some nice Jacob's Ladders, a back-flip with a lazy susan, some nice flic-flacs, and one OK slot machine. I tried more slot machines, but found that I kept wrapping the line around the wing-tips. Also, as the wind died down, I ended up in the "dead-launch" position, with many "walks of shame" -- at least no one was watching :^)

No comments:

Post a Comment