Sunday, November 27, 2011

4 - 5 Gusting to 6


Date: 11/27/2011
Place: 100 Acres Park, Moorhead, MN
Kites: 4d on 46'
Wind: 4 to 6 mph, SW
Weather: Sunny, 32º


It was a beautiful Sunday afternoon, and even though it was only 32º it seemed warmer with the sun shining on my back and only a gentle breeze blowing. Annett walked in the park while I flew my kite. It was definitely a 4d day. The wind was 4 - 5 mph, with gusts (?!) to 6 mph. No 360s and spirals today, but all the other tricks were possible. Fades were easy and glorious. With me standing in one place a fade would gently and slowly rise or just stay in one place in the sky. I could control the fades with just a twitch of my fingers, not even using my whole hands. A dive, a flair to a pancake, then a pull to a fade was the easiest way into a fade this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment