Saturday, October 10, 2009

(Frosty) Morning Has Broken

Date: 10/10/09
Place: Cosmo Park, Columbia, MO
Kites: Echo on 12'
Wind: 0 - 0.75 mph, SW
Weather: Sunny, 37º

This was a 7:20-8:20 AM beautiful frosty fall morning with a sunny sunrise and a pretty quarter moon hanging in the sky! Some leaves have turned red and gold, contrasting the leaves that are still green. There was frost on the grass and so I "crunched" along as I was flying my Echo. I could see my breath and after I had flown a while, I could also see steam rising off my fleece. There was almost no one in the park, quite a contrast with the soccer and football of last weekend.

I flew the usual Echo tricks. I had some nice catches out of helicopter spirals: two tail catches, two or three wingtip catches, and one spiral to fade to catch!

On my CD player in the van: Cat Stevens singing "Morning Has Broken"

No comments:

Post a Comment