Monday, October 5, 2009

Banished to the small soccer fields

Date: 10/5/09
Place: Cosmo Park, Columbia, MO
Kites: E2 on 65' <--- "shorter than usual"
Wind: 4 - 8 mph, NE
Weather: Mostly sunny, 68º

It was beautiful kite flying weather after work today - warm with a "perfect" wind. And all my usual fields were taken with soccer and football and kids goofing around. With the very nice weather, I don't blame them, but they should not have been playing on my field. But the conditions were too good to not fly, so I ended up flying with shorter lines than usual in a tight area of small soccer fields. I had to dodge the soccer goal-posts and nets.

The wind was very nice for slightly rising fades. Flic-flacs worked well and I practiced cascades -- I still don't have the timing down quite right on them yet. I was able to do one Jacob's Ladder rung and a few sets of nice 540s.

No comments:

Post a Comment